A great trip starts with a well-packed suitcase — or at least that’s our motto! Make sure you have everything you need for the big day with this destination wedding packing list.
Jetting off to a faraway locale for a destination wedding? Lucky you! Whether you’re the one getting married, are in the wedding party, or are simply attending as a guest, our destination wedding packing list will ensure that you have all of the essentials for your trip. Keep in mind that not all items will apply to you and others will need to be changed depending on your destination, but this list will help you get a solid start.
Grab your suitcase and use this destination wedding packing list to cross off everything you’ll need to bring.
All Guests (including Guests of Honor)
Regardless of your role at the wedding, there are quite a few necessities that you’ll need for your journey. Essential items include including money, party attire (since destination weddings often have more than one event), wedding day attire, and your passport if you’re traveling out of the country.
- Passport (if applicable)
- Travel information, including boarding passes and hotel reservations
- Attire, accessories, and shoes for all wedding events (rehearsal dinner, welcome party, luncheons, etc.)
- Wedding day attire
- Sweater, light jacket, or wrap
- Beach towel
- Aloe vera
- Sun hat
- Tote bag or beach bag
- Camera and battery charger (if not using your phone)
- Glasses and/or contacts
- Prescription medicine(s)
- Hair tools
- Cell phone and phone charger (with electrical adapters if necessary)
- Cash and credit cards
If you’re in the wedding party, you’ll be in the spotlight for the entire trip. Be sure to pack everything you need to look and feel your best, including those cute PJs to rock with the other ‘maids while you’re getting ready for the big day. Giving a speech? Print out a hard copy of what you wrote to avoid any technology mishaps.
- Bridesmaid attire
- Bridesmaid shoes
- Bridesmaid jewelry
- Copy of rehearsal dinner speech (or Maid of Honor speech)
Being a groomsman is a big deal (and an honor). Most importantly, don’t forget to bring your wedding day attire and any accessories that the couple has asked you to wear, including shoes and a tie. If you’re giving a speech, have a copy of that on hand, too.
- Groomsman attire
- Groomsman accessories (tie, bow tie, cufflinks)
- Groomsman shoes
- Copy of rehearsal dinner speech (or Best Man speech)
As the couple getting married, there are a few crucial items that you should add to your destination wedding packing list. Don’t forget to bring important documents like your marriage license, vendor contracts, and copies of your vows if you’re writing them yourselves. Last but not least: remember to pack your wedding rings!
- Marriage license
- Wedding weekend itinerary/timeline
- Copies of vendor contracts and contact info
- Vendor gifts and thank-you notes (if not mailing later)
- Wedding bands
- Ring pillow or ring box
- Copies of your handwritten vows
- Wedding decor extras that haven’t been shipped in advance (cake topper, guest book, etc.)
- Cards or gifts (for each other, wedding party, and parents/family)
- Honeymoon essentials (if you’re leaving right after the wedding)